Thursday, May 27, 2010

Old Swing

Old Swing

By: SkaterGirl4554

That old swing that use to carry me for hours.

Swiftly moving back and forth

Left to right

Around and around.

That old swing was apart of me,

Apart of something I wish I could do.

It was the closet thing I had to flying.

Lifting me higher and higher every time.

The wind rushing through my long hair

The breeze against my face

The redness of my hands from gripping the chains for too long.

That swing meant everything to me

And I knew it would never let me down

Until that one day came.

I was swinging higher then ever

Full of confidence until it happened

One side of the long chain that supported me

Snapped

Out of now where without any warning

The swing fell out from underneath me

Letting me fall to the hard course ground below me

The only thing I feared.

I landed with a hard thud

And the swing fell along side of me.

I sat there in sorrow

And felt the tears rushing down my face

Smearing my makeup

But I didn’t care.

All I knew is that the one thing I trusted let me down.

But that didn’t stop me.

Once that part of me was fixed and back to normal

I once again got on it with the same confidence

And trust

As I had before.

Yes, that old swing was a part of me

And it will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment